This position is responsible for posting & collecting on assigned third party pass-thru accounts and serve as backup for other cash receipts posting. This position will also be responsible for monitoring and keeping current a portfolio of customer Accounts Receivable balances.
1. Facilitate a daily Auto-Posting process which utilizes Excel based uploads for assigned accounts.
2. Research and bring to resolution Customer under and over payments.
3. Control, reconcile, and post Select Dealer Compensation activity.
4. Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using an automated computer system.
5. Contact Customers regarding delinquent accounts by email or phone.
6. Record information about financial status of customers and status of collections efforts in real time.
7. Confer with customers by telephone to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
8. Research any disputed balances or discrepancies until properly resolved.
9. Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
10. Assist in the Approval or denial of supply or service requests when customer exceeds credit limit.
11. Sort and file correspondence, and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and writing collections letters.
12. Provide copies of invoices or maintenance contracts, and payment history upon request.
Required Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
1. Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
2. Advanced knowledge of Excel; the ability to understand and utilize more complex formulas and navigate through complex work-sheets is a must.
3. Attention to detail.
4. Customer and personal service; includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
5. Active listening and negotiation skills.
6. Strong oral and written communication skills
7. Ability to problem solve and prioritize.
8. Professional and courteous demeanor.
9. Persistence and follow up skills to bring resolution to delinquent accounts.
10. Ability to prepare routine reports as requested.
11. Ability to set priorities to ensure accomplishment of assigned tasks within established deadlines.
12. Ability to recognize and communicate issues and road blocks.
13. Ability to adhere to departmental schedules.
14. Ability to work independently and ask questions or seek assistance when necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma required; Advanced degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
2. 3-5 years of related experience in Accounts Receivable and Cash Applications
3. Track record that demonstrates success and work stability