Collects delinquent accounts using mail, email, faxes, and calls; considerable independence is exercised in determining collection actions and negotiating payment plans; including but not limited to preparing statements to credit department if customer fails to respond and initiating repossession proceedings or service disconnection. All collection attempts must be maintained in the computerized system E-Automate; including records of collection and status of accounts.
1. Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using automated computer system
2. Contact customers regarding delinquent accounts by email or telephone
3. Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts
4. Confer with customers by telephone to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts
5. Research any disputed balances or discrepancies until properly resolved
6. Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment
7. Persuade customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts.
8. Approve or deny supply or service requests when customer exceeds credit limit
9. Sort and file correspondence, and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and writing reports
10. Provide copies of invoices or maintenance contracts, and payment history upon request
11. Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers’ financial situations.
12. Refer customer complaints to Sr. Administrative Manager if problems persist or additional information is needed
13. Analyses accounts receivable aging report with Controller each week to monitor collection efforts.
14. Prepare and mail monthly statements or past due invoices to customers in exceeding 45 days.
15. Prepares reports as requested.
16. Identify misunderstandings with customer contracts to Controller that may lead to training opportunities with other company staff.
17. Potential back up for Cash Posting.
1. Perform various administrative functions for accounts, such as recording change in address or contact
2. Conduct credit references upon request
3. Maintain tax-exempt certificates file
Required Qualifications: (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
1. Customer and personal service; includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
2. Administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures
3. Active listening and negotiation skills.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills
5. Ability to problem solve and prioritize.
6. Professional and courteous demeanor
7. Exercises logic to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to determine best plan of action with customer.
8. Persistence and follow up skills to bring resolution to delinquent accounts
9. Ability to prepare routine reports as requested.
10. Ability to set priorities to ensure accomplishment of assigned tasks within established deadlines.
11. Ability to recognize and communicate issues and road blocks.
12. Ability to adhere to departmental schedules.
13. Ability to work independently and ask questions or seek assistance when necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma required; Advanced degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
2. 3-5 years of related experience in Accounts Receivable
3. Track record that demonstrates success and work stability